Sunday, December 04, 2005

My Uncle's WC

One or two years ago I've wrote about unique traditional bathrooms I ever saw in my life. One of the craziest toilet I found in Garut in a house of my uncle which is located in a small village *What I mean with a toilet here is a water closet- where you usualy dump your sh** there* At my uncle's you could never spot the toilet in his bathroom in your first visit. You know why? because actually he never really had one. When I asked my uncle where is it, his finger pointed to a small hole in the bathroom floor (and that was not in the corner) which is only around ten centimeters from the wall, and I dropped my jaw. *Aarrggh!! Where am I??* I though that hole was supposed for the water runs out! Oh yes for that too, but it was definitely a multifunction hole! A super hole! No wonder the hole looked big enough in a bathroom floor. Ugh! I wondered if I had to do the ritual- that mean I had to bend my back with my both legs folded while finding the right position above the target hole and also had to feel the cold bathroom wall tight on my back at the same time? Ugh! Nooo..! I though uncle lost his mind, hahhahaa! I wondered what he had in mind when he built his bathroom in the begining?? Could a fat person doing it there?? So, during my two days in my uncle house, I suddenly lost the urged for needing a toilet anymore. That was my first and also my last visit to my uncle's house. Not because of the toilet- but he comes to Jakarta very often so it is not necessary to come visit him there, right? *good excuse*

On my family roadtour the other day, we all visited my uncle in Garut again for the first time in 5 years, and I started to worry again. But I was worried for nothing coz within 5 years period his house been totally changed alot! The house is pretty now and he has 2 bathrooms with 2 normal toilets! Hahhaaa! Thank God!

>** Books I read this week :
- Norman Mailer, Tough Guys Don't Dance
- Robert James Waller, The Bridges of Madison County

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Milan, Italy!

Anonymous said...

wc jenis itu jugak yang gue liat di waktu pertama kali nginjakkin kaki dibandung. :))